Since we began this process, I have been praying for God to surround us with encouragers and people who were walking the same road. Several weeks ago, Dana, a friend church insisted that I get in touch with her sister, Robyn, who had also just started the adoption process to bring home her daughter from China. Little did I know that God was answering my prayer above and beyond what I could ask or imagine (as He is in the habit of doing). Robyn had connected with several other moms in the process of adoption girls from China and together they started a moms group. I joined them for coffee today and what an amazing blessing! It was wonderful to spend time with people familiar with the ups and downs of this process. It's neat to think about what God is up to and to see how things might unfold. For now, we will meet together to encourage and support one another, then we will celebrate each time someone brings their daughter home and eventually become a play/support group for our daughters. It's the perfect recipe for life-long friendships and I can hardly wait until we meet again!
If you are interested in their journeys, scroll way down and check out their blog links to the right.
Peace for 2016...
10 years ago
SO HAPPY GOD HAS CROSSED OUR PATHS ALONG THE WAY.....I KNOW HE HAS SO MUCH IN STORE FOR US ALL AND IT HAS BEEN AN ANSWERED PRAYER FOR ME TOO!!
ReplyDelete